For Treatment of Narcolepsy in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR India or Online Treatment of Narcolepsy Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Homeopathic Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Surgical Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Other Treatment of Narcolepsy
- What is Narcolepsy
- Symptoms of Narcolepsy
- Causes of Narcolepsy
- Risk factors of Narcolepsy
- Complications of Narcolepsy
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Narcolepsy
- Precautions & Prevention of Narcolepsy
Treatment of Narcolepsy
Homeopathic Treatment of Narcolepsy
Homeopathy has rare distinction of moderating sleep and making it healthy to help a fresh morning everyday. Homeopathic remedies help in reducing daytime sleeplessness. Homeopathic remedies are effective for the people who have difficulty in waking and getting up in the morning. Some of the homeopathic medicines that can be used for treatment of narcolepsy are:
- Nux mos
- Kali c
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Narcolepsy
Acupuncture can help you find right amount of sleep, and have lots of energy to get through the day. It provides a powerful way to re-balance the sleep/wake cycle to provide a restful night of sleep and a day full of energy and alertness.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Narcolepsy
Depending on the type of illness and the type of psychotherapy selected by the therapist, it can help having good sleep at good time. Psychotherapy is a process to eliminate or control troubling and painful symptoms so that the person can return to normal functioning. Hypnotherapy is safe and quick treatment of deep seated psychological issues and barriers.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Narcolepsy
In allopathic treatment some medications help you manage the symptoms. Drugs like modafinil and methylphenidate are prescribed to stay awake during the day. Tricyclic antidepressants such as protriptyline (Vivactil) and imipramine are effective for cataplexy.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Narcolepsy
- Eat food low in carbohydrates
- Eat food high in proteins
- Avoid having dinner late at night
- Avoid caffeine before going to bed
What is Narcolepsy
Narcolepsy is a chronic sleep disorder characterized by overwhelming daytime drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep. These sudden sleep attacks may occur during any type of activity at any time of the day.
Symptoms of Narcolepsy
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Sudden loss of muscle tone
- Sleep paralysis
Causes of Narcolepsy
- The exact cause of narcolepsy is not known.
Risk factors of Narcolepsy
- Stress or exposure to toxins
Complications of Narcolepsy
- Your performance may suffer at school or work.
- Accident or physical harm
- Interference with intimate relationships
Diagnosis of Narcolepsy
Diagnosis of narcolepsy is based on your excessive daytime sleepiness and sudden loss of muscle tone. After that your doctor may refer you to a sleep specialist for more evaluation. Formal diagnosis may require staying overnight at a sleep center, where you undergo an in-depth analysis of your sleep by a team of specialists.
Precautions & Prevention of Narcolepsy
There is no way to prevent narcolepsy. If somebody is suffering from the disease then some precautions can be taken.
- You should never smoke
- You should never drive