For Treatment of Addictions in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR or Online Treatment of Addictions Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Addictions
- Homeopathic Treatment of Addictions
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Addictions
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Addictions
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Addictions
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Addictions
- Other Treatment of Addictions
- What is Addictions
- Symptoms of Addictions
- Causes of Addictions
- Risk factors of Addictions
- Complications of Addictions
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Addictions
- Precautions & Prevention of Addictions
Treatment of Addictions
Homeopathic Treatment of Addictions
There are a variety of homeopathic remedies that can help with the various problems associated with addiction. Homeopathic remedies are sometimes used to counteract some symptoms of protracted drug withdrawal. It relieves faintness and helps produce calmness, reducing cravings. Following are Homeopathic medicine used for Addictions Treatment.
- Kali M
- Carbolicum Ac
- Bryonia alba
- Carbonaeum S
- Nux V
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Addictions
Acupuncture and acupressure can be effective in detoxifying, minimizing and reducing recidivism in the abuse of drugs, prescription medications, and alcohol and nicotine. Serotonergic medications must be continued for very lengthy periods (usually years) for the detoxification efforts to be most rewarding. Long-term nutritional supplementation for micronutrient balance is strongly recommended.
Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Treatment of Addictions
In addictions treatments can vary from individual counselling to group psychotherapy, from referral to a day centre or spiritual retreat to a support group. Different treatment programmes will work for different people. In Psychotherapy each individual case is deeply analyzed by trained team of experts, and right treatment programme is given to them. Hypnotherapy offers powerful subconscious treatment method for lasting cure of addictions.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Addictions
Allopathic medicines are used by medical doctors to treat the symptoms of diseases and conditions. Methadone has been used for many years to pull out addicts from severe heroin dependence. Disulfram (Antabuse) works as aversion therapy for alcoholics.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Addictions
Addicts should provide an effective and balanced nutrition program as a part of drug rehab therapy. For individuals with specific Dietary & Herbal needs, delicious and nutritious meals in concordance to their Dietary & Herbal needs and situation are provided.
Other Treatment of Addictions
- Inspire individual with Drug programs
- Replace addiction-related activities with more constructive and rewarding activities.
- Improve interpersonal relationships
- Encourage Addicts to participate in family functions
What is Addictions
Addiction is a dependence on a behavior or sub-stance that a person is powerless to stop. It is an uncontrollable habit of using alcohol or other drugs. Because of the physical effects of these substances on the body, and particularly the brain, people have often thought that “real” addictions only happen when people regularly use these substances in large amounts. An addiction is a chronic neurobiological disorder that has genetic, psychosocial, and environmental dimensions.
Symptoms of Addictions
- Continues to use substances or engage in behavior even when it is dangerous.
- The need increases to engage in behavior or use more of a substance to achieve the same effect or feeling.
- Unable to meet responsibilities at home, school or office
- Extreme mood changes such as happy, sad, excited, anxious, etc
- Sleeping a lot more or less than usual, or at different times of day or night
- Changes in energy – unexpectedly and extremely tired or energetic
- Weight loss or weight gain
Causes of Addictions
- Drug Addict Environment
- Emotional or physical abuse
- Certain substances are more addictive than others such as cocaine etc.
Risk factors of Addictions
There are four categories that help in determining whether or not a person has a predisposition to becoming an addict.
- Physical factor – There may be a family history of addiction or low tolerance to drugs
- Mental factor – People who suffer from mental health disorders or those who have low self esteem fall into the mental category.
- Social factor – Youth leaving home to live in residence at college and parties are some of the social factors that contribute to some addictions.
- Emotional factor – Emotional factors are people who suffer from depressive events in life such as abuse or death of a loved one.
Complications of Addictions
- Lack of performance at workplace, home and school
- Use of needles by sharing amongst addicts can cause infections like HIV and Hepatitis.
- Family problems
- Financial ruin
- Lose relationship with family and friends
- The symptoms of seizure, coma, agitation, disorientation and psychosis are produced due to prolonged drug abuse.
Diagnosis of Addictions
Diagnosis of an addiction can be made by a medical doctor or by a mental health professional. Patient’s no longer deal with their addictive behavior by themselves. That’s why they go to the doctor for help. Sometimes family members and friends get involved and bring the patient for diagnosis and treatment. In some cases, individuals are brought to the attention of professionals because of legal problems related to their addiction.
Precautions & Prevention of Addictions
- People should go to Precautions & Prevention programs where they learn through educational awareness programs, referral assistance, and recovery support.
- People should be given training and resources to religious and community leaders.
- Precautions & Prevention programs target all forms of drug abuse, including the use of tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and inhalants.