For Treatment of Absence Seizure in New Delhi Gurgaon Noida Faridabad NCR India or Online Treatment of Absence Seizure Contact Us or Fill Up Form
- Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Homeopathic Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Surgical Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Absence Seizure
- Other Treatment of Absence Seizure
- What is Absence Seizure
- Symptoms of Absence Seizure
- Causes of Absence Seizure
- Risk factors of Absence Seizure
- Complications of Absence Seizure
- Lab Investigations and Diagnosis of Absence Seizure
- Precautions & Prevention of Absence Seizure
Treatment of Absence Seizure
Homeopathic Treatment of Absence Seizures
Homeopathy calms down nervous system and balances its function. It treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. It balances the energy system, improves immunity and body functions. It naturally cures the root cause of disorder. Some common remedies for absence seizure are
- Arsenic alba
- Art V
- Nux M
Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Absence Seizure
Lots of people with epilepsy are discovering that this acupuncture treatment allows control seizures. Acupuncture treatment helped reduce the frequency and severity of seizures. The acupuncturist inserts sterilized stainless steel needles little thicker than a hair at key points that influence brain energy, to increase the flow of blood to the head.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Absence Seizure
Anti-Seizure drugs are successful in reducing seizure occurrences and halting them altogether. Absence seizures often react well to ethosuximide (Zarontin), valproate (Depakote) and clonazepam.
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Absence Seizure
A ketogenic or medium-chain triglyceride diet may be tried in patients with medically intractable seizures.
What is Absence Seizure
Absence seizure is a sudden lapse of consciousness lasting just a few seconds, which means that they are not aware of their surroundings or their movements during this time. Absence seizures are more common in children than adults. Absence seizures usually can be controlled with anti-seizure medications.
Symptoms of Absence Seizure
- Rapid blinking of the eyes
- Stare into space and not respond to anything
- Vacant stare
- Hand movements
- Lip smacking
- Small movements of both arms
Causes of Absence Seizure
- Family history of epilepsy
- Abnormal nerve cell activity in the brain.
- Developmental problems such as cerebral palsy, head trauma
Risk factors of Absence Seizure
- Damage to the brain from a stroke, brain surgery, or a head injury
- An extremely low blood sugar level in a person who has diabetes
Complications of Absence Seizure
- Experiencing these types of seizures throughout life
- Learning difficulties
Diagnosis of Absence Seizure
Doctor will begin by taking a thorough medical history of the patient and the detailed description of the seizure.
Physical tests include:
- EEG – it measures waves of electrical activity in the brain.
- X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs of the head
- Blood test
Precautions &Prevention of Absence Seizure
- A regular sleep schedule is encouraged
- Showers are preferred in the bathroom because they reduce the risk of drowning more than baths.
- Children who are known to have seizures should have their fevers well controlled when sick.